- White or yellow-coated tongue and/or bad breath
- Fluid retention and/or congested sinuses
- Increased belly or visceral fat
- Cravings and/or blood sugar issues
- Gallbladder issues, or the need to have the gallbladder removed
- Abdominal bloating
- Overheating/excess sweating
- Weight loss resistance
- Acne, rosacea, itchy skin
- Fatigue unrelieved by more sleep, especially in the morning
- Chemical sensitivity (you’re a lightweight when you drink alcohol, or smelling fragrances makes you anxious)
- Insomnia, especially early morning awakenings such as 1-4AM
Dr. Gottfried states if you should 4 or more of these signs, you are in need of a detox!
There are many different detox plans out there. Some last a day or two, while others can last a week. Each carries its own benefits, and selecting one that you believe you can stick to will help you to be successful in your efforts!
We have included a weekend detox plan, designed to optimize the function of your kidneys, intestines, lymph, lungs and liver. It is recommending that you complete this detox at least twice a year. Between detoxing you can continue to promote your optimal health by being more active, and drinking plenty of water.
Immediately after you wake up, drink 250ml of warm water. This will create the necessary base of your detox regimen.
Breakfast: 250ml warm water, 1 cup of oat flakes and a tablespoon of flax seeds, ½ cup fresh blueberries, 250ml Greek yoghurt or green tea, 200ml low-fat yogurt or almond milk