Are the rising swine flu casualties getting you worried about the health of your near and dear ones? First and foremost, there is absolutely no need to panic!
Here are some easy steps you must follow to tackle a flu virus of any kind, including swine flu.
Image Source: hotandhra
It is not necessary to follow all the steps at once. You can pick and choose a combination of remedies that suit you best. However, if you are already suffering from flu, these measures can only help you to a limited extent.
1. Tulsi (basil leaves): Have five duly washed leaves of Tulsi (Basil leaves; medicinal name Ocimum sanctum) everyday in the morning. Tulsi has a large number of therapeutic properties, like; it keeps your throat and lungs clear and helps strengthen your immunity to fight against infections.
2. Giloi (medicinal name Tinosporacordifolia): Giloi is a commonly available plant. You can take a one-foot long branch of giloi, add five to six leaves of Tulsi and boil them together in water for 15-20 minutes. You can add black pepper and sendha, rock salt or black salt, or Misri (crystalised sugar) according to your taste.
Let this mix cool down just enough to be luke warm and ready for consumption. This warm kadha (concoction) l work wonders for your immunity. If giloi plant is not available, get processed giloi powder from Hamdard or others, and prepare a similar drink once a day.
3. Camphor (kapoor): A small piece of camphor (kapoor) approximately the size of a tablet should be taken once or twice a month. Adults can take it with water like tablets, while children can take it with mashed potatoes or banana. It is important to remember camphor is not to be taken everyday, but only once each season, or once a month.
4. Garlic: one can take garlic in various forms. One could have two pods of raw garlic first thing in the morning. This again can be taken like tablets, along with lukewarm water. Garlic too strengthens immunity like the earlier measures mentioned.
5. Haldi (turmeric): for those who are not lactose intolerant, must take a glass of hot or lukewarm milk every night with a small measure of haldi (turmeric).
6. Aloe vera (gwarpatha): this too is a commonly available plant. Its thick and long and has cactus-like leaves. An odorless gel prepared with it is easily available off the shelf. One must apply a teaspoon of this gel mixed with water daily. It works wonders for not only your skin and joint pains, but also to boost your immunity.
7. Homeopathic medicines: precisely Pyrogenium 200 and Inflenzium 200, five tablets of each; three times a day. Even though these are not specifically targeted at H1N1virus, they work well as preventive against common flu virus.
8. Exercise: one must do pranayam daily, along with going for morning jog/walk regularly to keep your throat and lungs in good condition and the body in fine fettle. Exercising small measures daily also works wonders for your body’s resistance against diseases that mainly attack the nose, the throat and the lungs, besides keeping you fit.
9. Citrus fruits: Having citrus fruits, particularly Vitamin C rich fruits like Amla (Indian gooseberry) helps built immunity. If fresh fruits are not available one can choose to buy packaged fruit juices that are commonly available in the market.
10. Maintain hygiene: Last but not the least, you must wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for 15-20 seconds; especially before meals, or each time after touching a surface that you suspect could be contaminated with flu virus such as a door handles, window panes and also if you have just returned from a public place or used public transport.
Alcohol-based hand cleaners commonly known as hand sanitizers should be kept handy at all times and used until you can get soap and warm water.
If you found this post useful, Please do share it with family and friends by clicking the share below.