Health Benefits of Corn
1. Corn is high in fibre and low in fat, which helps prevent constipation and aids better digestion.
2. It is rich in carbs as well as calories and hence, a good dietary intake if you’re looking to gain some extra pounds.
3. Corn greatly reduces the risk of diabetes. It is also rich in carbohydrates and protein and helps prevent stress.
4. The yellow kernels of corn contain arytenoids that reduce the risk of any sort of visual impairment.
5. Corn is also beneficial for pregnant women, and health experts advise expecting mothers to add it to their regular diet.
6. Corn has a positive affect on bringing down cholesterol levels and is particularly beneficial for heart health. It also helps in combating cardiovascular diseases.
7. Corn starch is used as an ingredient in a number of cosmetic products. Several experts say that it can even be applied topically to soothe skin rashes and irritation.
Please share this post! It might help someone you know.