The smell of coffee in the morning! Wonderful feeling, right !? A morning cup of coffee is almost ritualistic in most homes. Most of us can’t function without it. Whether it is the smell that allures you or the caffeine that you crave, coffee is loved around the world.
But did you know there is much more to coffee than just that delicious brew? Coffee surprise doesn’t have to end with the morning cup. A lot of secrets are left in those coffee grounds. Before you trash the coffee grounds, read carefully this article and learn 7 surprising reason not to do it.
- The Cheapest Facelift Ever— Beauty products are often very expensive.Therefore you should make your own natural blend? Mix one teaspoon of coffee grounds into your favorite fragrance free cream cleanser to create your own creamy, naturally coffee scented exfoliant. Wet your face with warm water, gently rub the coffee scrub onto your face in a circular motion, and rinse with cool water.
- Body Scrub(Cellulite Treatment) — We all hate cellulite. But did you know that caffeine may help reduce cellulite? You should try this recipe to create an natural, coffee scented body scrub and cellulite treatment. Mix 1/4 cup coffee grounds, 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup coconut oil together. Slather it on!
- Plant Food — Flowers seem to capture the essence of spring. Some plants need more than just sunshine and water for good health. Acid loving plants will benefit from those coffee grounds. Sprinkle them around plants for beautiful blooms.
- Fragrance — Fill a sachet with dry coffee grounds and hang it in your closet. It will act as a natural deodorizer and air freshener. You can also place the sachet in the refrigerator to absorb unwanted odors from leftovers.
- Hand Wash — If you like to cook, you know that some foods can leave a lingering smell on your hands even after washing with soap and water. After handling onions, garlic, and fish, rub coffee grounds all over your hands and rinse clean. The grounds will remove the smell and leave your hands feeling soft.
- Pest Repellent — Sprinkle used coffee grounds around your plants to protect them against destructive garden pests like ants, snails, and slugs. It has even been said that old grounds mixed with dried orange peel will keep away some small mammals like cats
- Steak Rub — You should do this recipe when you grill steak. Mix together 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp salt, 1 tbsp black pepper, 1 tbsp garlic, 1 tbsp paprika, and 1 tbsp coffee grounds. Coat steak in oil, sprinkle on dry rub, cover with plastic wrap, place in the fridge for 2 hours, and grill. Enjoy!
Source: Healthy Food Headlines
If you think this post was useful, Please do share it with your family and friends by clicking the share button below.