Idli is a famous and popular breakfast in South India. Its also good when you have it with delicious sambar or chutney. But Thalicha Idli is an interesting twist in Idli with fillings.
Idli Batter – 6 laddles
Salt as required
Oil – 1/2 tspn
Mustard – a pinch
Channa Dal – 1/2 tspn
Asafotida- a pinch
Grated Carrot – 2 tspns
Chopped Cilantro – 1 tspn (Optional)
1. Heat a pan, add oil and season all the ingredients except carrot and mix in the Idli batter.
2. In the Idli plate, grease it with little gingely oil. Pour little batter and
3. fill carrot and again pour little batter on it.
4. Make another plate same as above.
5. You can steam it with Idli cooker or fill 2 cups water in a kadai, keep this two plates and close it with a lid.
6. Steam it for 12-15mins.
7. Makes around 8 idlis.
8. Serves – 1 or 2 pax.
Serve hot with Tomato or coconut chutney or sambar !
If you think this post was useful, Please do share it with your family and friends by clicking the share button below.