Naked and Odwalla are names of the brands for two “natural” food smoothies, owned by major brands Pepsi and Coke, brands, respectively. These brands exist for some time now, and most consumers are tricked into thinking they are doing something good for their health when they drink a Naked or Odwalla juice.
Yet, the majority of you are not even aware of the truth about the corporations behind these drinks. Namely, the brands that produce these juices only pretend to support healthy food choices.
First of all, they are the owners of the two biggest soft drinks, and are thus partially responsible for our country’s all time high rates of obesity, diabetes and heart disease. Moreover, both of these industry giants donated millions to defeat proposition 37, the GMO labeling act.
You need to consider the following facts:
- Both Naked and Odwalla juices are pasteurized, which means that most of the nutrients they contain have already been destroyed before they ever reach store shelves.
- Neither of these food drinks contains organic products, which means you’re ingesting pesticides.
- In its early days, Odwalla was a small company owned by a few individuals that made real, raw food juices, but everything has changed since its acquisition by Coca- Cola in 2001.
- Naked juice was found to contain three synthetic ingredients, fructooligosaccharides, fibersol-2 and inulin.
- “Naked juice” was sued for knowingly using GMOs in its juice, when it was advertised as “all natural” and “Non-GMO.”
- The label “All Natural” which is added to both products means exactly nothing, as they can contain pesticides, artificial ingredients, GMOs and are pasteurized.
Hence, regarding the facts above, you should re- consider your choice when it comes to these products. Undoubtedly, you can buy organic produce and make your own organic, GMO-free juice that contains many times more nutrients for less than the cost of expensive faux health drinks.
Furthermore, these industrial giants also produce other “healthy” brands as these ones. They are:
- Honest Tea (Coca Cola)
- Tostito’s Organic (Pepsi)
- Tropicana Organic (Pepsi)
So, if you decide to boycott these juices, you will support other organic brands which deserve to be consumed, as they provide real health benefits. Some of these are:
- Nature’s Path
- Amy’s Kitchen
- Late July
Hence, there is no doubt that you must question everything you consume in order to protect your body and health. Corporations are not looking out for your health, but rather trying to take advantage of your trust.
Therefore, you must investigate all so- called health foods because many of them are simply a scam. If the product you’re buying doesn’t specify Non-GMO and/or organic, it most likely is not.
Hence, if possible, the best option is to buy organic food from your local farmers.
If you found this information useful please feel free to share by clicking one of the share button below.