Broccoli is one of the healthiest vegetables. It contains loads of antioxidants, which can prevent different
types of illnesses. Broccoli contains Vitamin A and Vitamin C and it is rich in calcium and protein as well.
Thanks to its phytochemical contents, broccoli has anticancer properties and it can prevent various
types of cancer, such as breast cancer or prostate cancer.
Broccoli contains potassium which decreases high levels of blood pressure and cholesterol.
Recipe for a healthy broccoli smoothie
100 gr of fresh broccoli
100 ml of water
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of honey
1 green apple.
It is very easy to prepare. Just wash well the broccoli and the lemon and cut it into small chunks. Put all
the ingredients in the blender (except for the honey), and blend them. Add the honey for taste.
The health benefits from this smoothie are various.
1. You can use it in order to lose weight. 1 cup of broccoli contains only 40 calories.
2. It can prevent constipation. Broccoli is rich in fiber. 1 cup of steamed broccoli contains 5 grams of
fiber, which will improve you digestion.
3. Removes toxins from your body. It contains amino acids and Vitamin C which promote removing of
free radicals and toxins form your body.
4. Prevents pregnancy anemia thanks to Vitamin C and iron, which are its main contents.
5. Good for your vision. It contains beta-carotene that keeps your eyes healthy.
6. Slows aging process and promotes life extension, thanks to a compound called Diindolylmethane.
Source: My Natural Way of Life
I hope you found this post useful. If you want to share your experiences, please feel free to drop a comment below.