According to a study from 2012-the year, storing contaminated water in copper pots up to 16 hours at room temperature, significantly reduces the presence of harmful microbes, so many that the researchers concluded that the copper is the solution for the purification of drinking water, especially in developing countries.
Another study showed that copper surfaces in a hospitals killed 97% of the ICU bacteria that can cause infection, which resulted in a 40% reduction in infection rates.
Sadhguru, an Indian yogi, mystic, philanthropist said – “If you hold water in a copper bowl, preferably overnight or for at least four hours, the water takes certain qualities from the copper that are primarily good for your liver, but also for your health and energy in general.”
Ayurveda texts show that water stored in copper canisters has the ability to balance all three doshas in your body (vata, pitta and kapha). Dosha is a Sanskrit word which means ‘the constitution of the mind and body’. All three doshas are present in every cell, tissue and organ, for movement, metabolism and fluidity and are key components of our lives.
What are the benefits?
- Drinking cups of water from the copper container (at room temperature), it cleanses the kidneys and the digestive system.
- Copper is a good tonic for the liver, spleen and lymph system.
- It helps in maintaining the health of the digestive system
- It stimulates your brain
- Products melanin (pigmentation of eyes, hair and skin) in our body
- It helps with the absorption of iron in the body
- Destroys harmful bacteria in water
- Regulates the functioning of the thyroid gland
- Relieves pain caused by swollen joints as in case of arthritis
- Slows aging
- It helps regulate blood pressure, heart rate and lowers blood cholesterol and triglycerides
- Wounds heal faster
It is necessary just to keep the water in a copper jug over the night and drink the positively charged water early in the morning or 2-3 times in one day. That’s more than enough to take to have the advantage of such water. Do not put the water in the refrigerator. Wash the copper bowl regularly with fresh lemon or pasta made of salt and tamarind.
In this modern age, we often choose convenience over healthier life. Drinking bottled water for example is not only harmful to the environment, but also it is a risk to health.
Do not overdo it in this practice.It is always better to perform additional research before you start something new.
If you found this post useful, Please do share it with family and friends by clicking the share below.