According to Ayurveda, hair is a byproduct of bone formation and the tissue responsible for building bones is also responsible for the growth of hair.
Early hair loss is related to body type and the balance of the mind-body constitution (doshas). Any problem with the hair will always indicate a dosha imbalance as well as a disequilibrium in the activities of your mind. People who have excess Pitta in their body are likely to lose their hair early in life, or have prematurely thin or gray hair. Excess Pitta in the sebaceous gland, at the root of the hair, or folliculitis can also lead to hair loss.
1. Take treatment for cold: Don’t let kapha accumulate in your head. People who suffer perpetually from cold are more susceptible to get grey hair at an early age. Do not take a persisting common cold lightly. Seek treatment.
2. Take treatment for sinusitis: Do not neglect sinusitis. It has adverse effect on hair.
3. Good Digestion: Make sure that your digestive system functions well, your liver is healthy and you do not suffer from other gastric troubles. A sluggish liver and other digestive problems promote hair loss and turn the hair grey.
4. Head Massage: Regular care and an ayurvedic massage of the head is essential to revitalize the scalp.
5. Apply Essential Oils: Bhringaraaja referred to as keshraja or ‘king of the hair’ is an excellent rejuvenator. It also promotes hair growth and makes it black and lustrous. It is the best known herb to effectively stop and reverse balding and premature graying. It cools the brain and helps calm the mind from excessive activity, thus promoting sound sleep. Bhringaraaja is taken internally and used externally as Bhringraj oil.
6. Eat Copper Rich Foods: Sometimes grey hair begins to appear due to lack of copper in your diet. Take a multi-vitamin daily as most of them contain copper. Foods that are rich in copper are turnip greens, lima beans, yams, spinach. Copper is also found in blackberries, pineapple, pomegranates, almonds and pumpkin seeds.
If you think this is an interesting post, please SHARE!