Sage is a native herb in Europe, but it grows anywhere easily. It is in a form of fine stalk with grayish green leaves and violet flower. It has been considered as sacred and was used for treating different health conditions and diseases. This is due to its bitter compounds, saponins, antibacterial enzymes, estrogen, vitamin B and C, essential oils, potassium, and other minerals. There are 4 types of it.
Health benefits of sage:
- Relieve fatigue;
- Improve circulation;
- Balance the nervous system;
- Regulate blood sugar levels;
- Relieves menopausal symptoms;
- Relieves digestive issues like diarrhea;
- Provides mighty astringent properties;
- Combats anemia;
- Cures many oral issues;
- Treats fluid retention and cystitis;
- Protects vaginal mucosa;
- Heals sores and ulcers;
- Relieves menstrual symptoms;
- Provides anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.