Vajrasana in Sanskrit means “thunderbolt” or “diamond-like” where a practitioner sits on his/her heels with the calves placed beneath the thighs. This is the only asana which can be practised after having meals.
- Sit down with your legs stretched forward.
- Fold your right leg at the knee and place it under the right buttock.
- Similarly, fold your left leg at the knee and place it under the left buttock.
- Tip of the toes should be touching each other.
- Do not overlap your foot.
- Sit with your spine straight.
- Place your left palm on the left knee and right palm on the right knee.
- Take few deep breaths in this position.
- You can maintain this position for five minutes initially and gradually extend up to 30 minutes.